Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Bare Minerals READY Blush: The Aphrodisiac

Up until a few years ago, I didn't use blush. My guiding belief was that if I was using foundation and powder to cover my naturally red (and not a cute pink, mind you) cheeks, why would I then add more pink to them at the end? Silliness! And extra time, which does anyone really have time for in the morning?  However, a few years ago I commented on the beautiful pink glow that one of my friends was sporting. She told me it was Nars blush in Orgasm.


After reading a lot of reviews, I felt like I had been living under a rock - apparently EVERYONE had this blush! Oops. I still thought blush was for old women. Was that just me? After this little discovery, I was hooked. I had to have that beautiful pink glow on my cheeks! So of course, I bought it. And it looked great. A bit shimmery, maybe, but that didn't bother me. However, what did bother me was these annoying little bumps that appeared on my cheeks after using it. Can you say major downer? Also, I didn't feel that it really lasted all day on my skin. And hey, if I'm going to buy a Nars blush, it better last all day. So as of two weeks ago, I said goodbye to my Nars Blush and came to terms with the fact that our relationship couldn't work. (Well, only in theory really, it's still sitting in my vanity waiting for a night where I throw caution to the wind and have one more rendezvous.)


But then...
Enter: Bare Minerals Ready Blush. I'm sure tons of people have used bareminerals since it came out. When was that? No idea, I was still shopping for my makeup at CVS at that point. I tested out this blush at Sephora and the girl applied two different colors.  One was a pinky color and the other color was very similar to the Nars Orgasm color, so slightly coral pink. After using this blush all week, I have found a new love. It's the bare minerals READY blush 'The Aphrodisiac'. It isn't as shimmery as the Nars blush and it lasts all day! Bingo :) Sold.




Grade: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment