Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder

My last pressed powder compact broke about 2 weeks after I purchased it. Annoying. Granted, it was Physicians Formula and not super expensive, but I still expect better packaging for $14. Money is money, honey! Even more annoying is the fact that this is not the first, nor the second, but the THIRD time this has happened to me with the same brand.


Yes, I admit I kept purchasing this powder despite the terrible packaging. In my defense, they make a great mineral powder and I've been using it for a few years. But this week I ponied up, descended upon Sephora, breathed a sigh of relief that the holiday crowds had mostly vanished, and bought the following face powder. The nice girl at Sephora assured me it was a great powder, and so I thought, "Why not?"




Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder SPF 15


My thoughts: It's a pressed mineral powder, which I love. I've found it hard to find a mineral powder, which is why I stuck with PF for so long. My skin is sensitive and gets very irritated and then breaks out from anything it doesn't like. (Sorry, Nars Orgasm blush. We had to break up last week. You were so good, yet so bad.) I use it over my foundation and it covers very nicely. The color is spot on and does not look cake-y, but I apply it with a powder brush and not the sponge it comes with. It is long lasting and doesn't do a disappearing act by noon. Is it work the expensive price tag? I will have to see how long it lasts, since it's only .28 oz. My overall grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment