Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Scaly skin no more

Winter is the absolute worst time to forget about putting lotion on.  It's when you and I are desperate to find something to prevent the dreaded scaly skin. Ew, just saying that makes me shudder. Don't you just want that glossy, beautiful skin that you see in the Nivea ads? Well, maybe moisturized skin and a dark tan, but that's just me.  However, if a lotion can't keep my pale winter legs and hands moisturized throughout the day, it's not very good. Especially given that I live in California!

A few years ago, when I was living in Portland, my mom sent me this amazing lotion from a store called Lavish inSan Diego. It's owned by two sisters who make all their own products and everything is all natural. The lotion was fabulous! It was Fresh Citrus scent, with grapefruit, lemon, sweet orange, and roman chamomile essential oils. The best part: it lasted all day long. Lemon oil smells delicious and both lemon and roman chamomile oils are commonly used as dry skin remedies. The lotion takes a bit longer than usual to rub in, but it works like a charm. No more scaly winter skin.


In the past few years, I've repurchased it and received it as a Christmas gift many times. Yay! I've also picked up a few other things from the Lavish store.  Most of them are fabulous. (But not all, the all natural deodorant wasn't a fave.) A bit on the pricey side, but great products.

Fresh Citrus Hydra-Pure Body Lotion

No comments:

Post a Comment