Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Looking for a good read?

Happy Sunday! So this week I started a book called Hush Little Baby that I chose randomly from the library. I am definitely the person that chooses a book by it's cover. Here's what I do: I wander down the aisle, looking for fabulous looking book spines with fun colors of pink, green or blue and happy looking fonts. Well, sometimes. Well, most of the time. Doesn't everyone? 
However, you must be careful using this technique. My latest observation is that these fun colored books are a similar version of the following: girl is in or getting out of stagnant/boring marriage or career and must then start over and "find" herself. She may or may not have children and be dealing with child's problems. So maybe don't use this technique?
Next, I open the book to look at the font. I hate when the book is written in ittty bitty font, like this, or it's mostly the person's thoughts. Ew. I've worked my way into the third aisle at the library using this technique, and it's been 6 months. Whoah.





 Did I mention that I am a frequent library visitor? Where I live, we have this amazing (like beautiful college campus amazing) town library where almost anything is available. I say "almost" because last week I tried to find a Math CSET book and they didn't have it. Bummer :(  However, they do have dvd rentals which include all the latest releases. I guess no one really cares about this. 
Personally, I think this deserves an extra check in the box. Even if I hadn't realized I wanted to see the movie before, a free 3 day rental opens my mind up to the fact that, hey, this could be a great movie!

But back to the book. Last night I picked it up back up and...couldn't....put...it...down. I had to finish it! And around 11:36 pm, I did. Wow. The story reminded me of a similar Nicholas Sparks book called Safe Haven because of the topic, but that's okay with me. Hush Little Baby, by Suzanne Redfearn, is a fictional story about a women living the seemingly perfect life: married to a handsome man, amazing career, two adorable children. However, life is never what it seems, right? And in this case, the saying is very accurate. So if you are looking for a new read, check it out! But maybe don't start it late at night because if you need 8 hours of sleep like me, that probably won't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment